Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fashion Defined...

Hello My People!
In keeping with the theme of defining the subject matter of this wonderful blog you are reading, here's a post that defines my fashion.


When it comes to getting dressed I consider it an adventure.  For me it's a full on exciting experiance!  Because I'm an über creative artist I love dressing with different colors, textures and fabrics that you may not normally put together.  I have also rarely found an event, circumstance or place where getting "dolled-up" is inappropriate.  We live in a country where we are relatively free to live our lives as we so choose.  This means to me that I am perfectly free to wear sequins to the grocery store and lace to the play ground.  Unless there is a strict dress code for where you are going there is no such thing as being overdressed!  If you're meeting your girlfriend for Saturday morning coffee and you want to wear a suit with rhinestone necklace and patten leather heels, YOU BETTA WORK IT!  There is so much freedom in doing what you want and being who you are through fashion.  Of course you will have those that will either wonder or actually ask you, "Aren't you a bit overdressed?".  However, there will be even more that will silently or verbally confess to be totally inspired to live life out loud by your public display of confidence.  My constant fashion encouragement is, "So do it!"

You mean you feel like wearing a feather boa with your denim jacket and skinny jeans, "SO DO IT!"
You say you'd feel liberated if you paired your sequins skirt with a t-shirt and chuck's, "SO DO IT!"  Throw away your inhibitions and GO! FOR! IT!  You have NOTHING to lose!

When it comes to shopping I am relatively frugal.  A great deal on gently used items at a thrift store fulfills me so much more than a pricey new substitute.  However, please don't misunderstand this.  I am defiantly a fan of the high, high end luxary brands that find their home at the likes of retail icons like Bergdorf Goodman, Saks and Neiman's and my closet will one day be filled with such things.  But for now, in this station of my life, I am way more excited at the potential of becoming debt-free than boasting of owning such gems of fashion.  My husband and I are on a plan to become debt-free by the end of 2014 and I aim to do my part in making that happen.  Until then, I have been so so blessed to find great things at local thrift stores and as products of my sewing skills.  This also means that you'll see me rewearing lots of pieces encluding jewelry and handbags.  It's my goal to simply inspire your creativity for what is already in your closet or an inexpensive alternative.  I wanna show you a realistic, non habit forming (lol), approach to fashion.  So, as you follow along with my journey, keep an open mind to the different ways you express yourself through fashion...economically.

Fashion forward,
~Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment