Friday, February 7, 2014

FASHION FRIDAY: Tease No More...Fashion Inspiration

Good Afternoon Lovelies!!!

When trying to figure out what to wear to Word Wednesday Bible Study (church site here, LiveStream here) last week, I stumbled upon an old post from one of my favorite fashion bloggers.  Eboni from The Fashionista Next Door (click to check her out) posted a look wearing a pink scarf as a turban.  And I LOVE IT!!!  I, of course, started to think of what I already had in my possession to pull this look off.  And wouldn't you know it ...I've got a pink scarf!!!!  Since I felt like my scarf was a little to big for the look I was trying to achieve, I cut it in half.  I knew I wanted to add a multi-colored element because I would be wearing a few solid colors.  Sooooo, I thought, "Let's make a clutch from the left over drapery fabric!"  and that's just what I did.
It was frosty out on this evening so I just had to pair my fav purple wool coat, that I thrifted a few years ago for $24, with this ensemble.




This is Mrs. Eboni, isn't she fabulous!!!  Click here to view her post.  My interpretation of her look is similar but not literal.  Though you can't see it here, my shoes are a mid-heel snake skin pump.  Keep scrolling to get a better look of the ensemble.

Purple Real Wool Coat: Thrifted



Yellow Jacket: Lane Bryant (old) Jeans: Lane Bryant Stretch Jeans  Snake Skin Shoes: Marshall's (old)  Clutch:DIY by Me   Necklace:  Vendor Booth at our Women's Convention  

Do you have a look that you've seen that you want to try? Are you unsure how to pull it off?  Tell me about it in the comments section.  I'd love to hear about it!  Have A Great Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alana! So sorry it took me so long to stop by. You look so cute! Love that turban, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, so a WHOLE YEAR LATER I am finally responding, lol. Charge it to my head not my heart. Thanks lady I appreciate you.

      Delete