Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Road To 26.2: Yesterday's Workout

Hi Folks of The WifeyMom World,

Yesterday was a running day for me on the good ole marathon training schedule.  My run was a 3 miler.  I headed out pretty late because of all the things I had going on that day.  I wasn't going to lay head-to-pillow without hitting the pavement.  I was actually looking forward to it because I knew that it was a surefire way to clear my head and relax my spirit.  I hit the pavement at 10:30pm and enjoyed the cool weather.  On the run my hip was sore but experience has taught me that it will pass as long as I press.  I finally reached my stride where I "settled" into the run.  I was kind of tired but not exhausted.  I knew I had a little more push so I wouldn't let my mind stop me from doing what I knew my body could accomplish.  My mind went to a lot of the people that comment on my posts with cheers, applause and genuine words of encouragement.  I thought about all the years that I had searched for someone that was like me that I could draw strength and courage from to continue my journey to a healthier life.  I recall the times I heard The Holy Spirit (that still small voice) say, "Maybe someone is waiting on you."  I realized that I could do this thing to better myself and possibly my family and friends or I could be a catalyst to truly shape the world around...even that beyond my physical reach.  There were a couple times I heard myself think, "You don't need to do the full 3 miles.  You can walk or just do 2 miles."  But I knew I had more left in the tank and even if I finished at a walking pace as long as I was still running I would definitely kick the old Me's ass!  Just as I started on my last mile my hubby drove up beside me with some water.  I love him and I appreciated the water.  Seeing him was just that extra go I needed to out run the mosquitoes and finish strong.   I finished with a cool down walk and then a great stretch after my shower.  All in all, it was refreshing and super rewarding.
What's the main idea of this post?  Sometimes when you may not want to do it for you, do it for someone whose life you could change...someone you may have yet to meet.

Until we blog again WifeyMom Peeps, I love ya!
~Alana

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment