Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Journey of the Entertainment Center

Oh the projects, they are never ending...And I love every minute of it!
Now, the entertainment center area in our family room has been ever changing.  Here are a few pics of its metamorphosis:


The Early Years...
Saddening I know, But don't you cry for me Argentina because
 wait til you get a load of the finished product.



This little beauty was a piece that I refurbished and showed to you in a previous post. 
It was my mother-in-law's dresser when she was a kid.
I absolutely love this as my entertainment center.  Aside from the one-of-a-kind look it has sentimental value.  However, it gets lost on the wall much like that poor excuse for a TV stand in the first pic.

My hubby gave a Diaper Party for a friend of his that was expecting a baby.
Just wanted you to know that we don't usually keep diapers and gift bags
stacked next to the TV in our family room, lol. 
Oh and I'm not sure who those poorly moisturized feet belong to. 
Surely one of the party goers.


So what's a girl to do?  Why use what she's got on hand of course.  My hubby had this one lonely speaker in our family room because the "mate" to it was acting as an end table of sorts upstairs, with its non-operational self.  So I brought it downstairs from the game room to create some semitry (that I am normally against).  Along with two lamps from a set I already had and two of the panels from a 3 panel screen/divider that was hiding out in our garage.  I also had a pretty iron piece that was intended for the foyer.  I put it all in place where it made the most scence to me and here it is...





*Que the Stevie Wonder music* "Isn't she looovelyyyy, Isn't she wooonderrrful..."
Ahhh, big sigh!  I love it.  It's just the right presence for the wall size and it was all re purposed.  Here are a few more pics...cuz I am in fun-i-chu LOVE with this set up!


Mmm, hmm, I see ya looking at those drapes on the far right...Well, don't worry your pretty (or handsome) little head, there will be a post on them soon, The No Sew Window Treatments.



Stay on the look out for more Do It Herself posts and Before & After pics of it all.
Stay Inspired ;0)



No comments:

Post a Comment